Monday, August 31, 2020

Farland Story FX Translation in Progress!

 Great news in the PC-FX scene!

Over at our little group on social media at We <3 PC-FX some amazing news came out about a guy working on a translation of one of the best RPGs on PC-FX!  Farland Story FX is being worked on for the English speakers dreaming to one day play through an FX RPG!

"Love to share with you guys first-hand something I've been working on. As a side-hobby I've been learning Japanese for the last two months and thought I could help the community with a English translation of Farland Story FX. I've been working on this for the past month and have reached a stage where I am comfortable to share it with others. If you would like to try it yourself, apply delta patch to your own CD ripped through TurboRip. "

The file is available within that FB group with encryption key. 

The Original poster mentioned; "I think I have spotted most of the text in the binary, I've played till stage 6 and all seems to be well. I will continue play it though to double check. I've also been able to replace some of the graphics tiles for the ingame menu words. However FMV remain untranslated, and the audio only dialogue still remains. Hope you like it!"

The efforts have been submitted to Romhacking and could show up there in the future. 




Check out gameplay from the PC-FX original here on youtube!  Looks like a great game to check out and play!  Thanks to Laurence for sharing his work with us, really looking forward to trying this one myself!





No comments: