Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trimming the Fat

I guess am somewhat different then a lot of my fellow video gamers i know and am not one to own every single game a system has to offer.

Really this is true with the exception of the Atari 2600 which i really want to own anything i do not current have(loose carts only i really have no need for the cardboard boxes the games come in).

So recently i have been "Trimming the Fat" of my collections and down sizing my games and systems to the point of just having a total of  seven game systems(this includes the Nintendo DS)and outside of my Atari 2600 games i have gone through and have trade or sold many of the games i had for these systems.

I had some great stuff like the Colecovision and Vectrex to name a few but it was just time for them to go so i have said good buy to a lot of video gaming history but i have space now and by limiting what i have to collect i will be saving money in the long run(which in this day and age is in short supply).

Sad yes but i know these systems and games are going to good homes and to great people who will take care of them and get more use out of them then i was.

No comments: